From 23 September, the Opéra de Lausanne will reopen its doors and offer the public eleven performances between now and mid-October to launch the 2020/2021 season. These performances are an opportunity for the institution and its audience to finally get together after six months of closure while the opera is still convalescing. Access to the shows, which will accommodate some 600 people, will be based on a strict and carefully studied sanitary protocol. In particular, the following measures will be applied in order to guarantee maximum security:
– Masks will be mandatory upon entry into the theater and for the duration of the performance
– Hydroalcoholic gel will be available in several areas of the theater.
– Regularly disinfected, the doors will be opened and blocked, thus avoiding manipulation.
– The public will be invited to keep their coats to avoid line-ups and promiscuity in the changing rooms, which will remain closed.
– There will be no intermission, regardless of the performance and our bars are closed.
– A doctor on duty and a thermal camera will ensure optimum security at the public entrance.
We will also ask the public to avoid arriving at the last moment in order to avoid crowds in the entrance hall and thus ensure a regular flow in the theater.